Friday, September 24, 2010

I believe I can Soar

Did you ever wake up with a dull ache in your heart? Perhaps a memory of the past has left its mark on your heart, an incident that never should have occurred, but it did. A loved one said something that he shouldn’t have but he did.
What are you going to do about it? You have no clue. Do you wish you could wrap it up with a memory loss pill, bury it and hope it won’t be back to haunt you. I reckon it makes more sense to deal with it and move on. Believe me what may seem impossible at first is not as bad as it looks; besides the word impossible has the word possible in it.
There is always the basic problem solving technique that works for me. Identify the problem. Brainstorm and get many possible solutions. Select the most appropriate one, try it out. If it works, great if it doesn’t, no harm done review the result and try the alternative.
I like to think everything happens for a reason. It’s clearly up to me whether I choose to ignore it or try to get past it. Do I take a moment to reflect what went wrong? Why am I so quick to evaluate another, I am so busy with my pointer away from me that I forget the rest of my fingers solemnly point in my direction.
 Humility is the foundation of all virtues. Are you humble enough to accept your errors and retrace your steps? One’s own mistakes always seem smaller than they really are. When you judge, you try to free yourself of your own guilt. Isn’t the burden of hatred and tears more painful than dealing with your ego and setting it aside? It’s good to listen to the advice of well wishers who believe they know you more than yourself, but never confuse their thoughts with your own. Do not mix up their esteem with yours.
It is at this moment that you have to decide what to do. Hold on to your pain or release it and set yourself free. When you let go of the dark clouds of grudges, accusations, resentments and complaints, only then will you see the rainbow and the sunshine of love and forgiveness. We often hear “forgive and forget” but a better phrase would be “forgive and liberate yourself”. Live not only to rise but to fly to incredible heights of free will and choices. Only then can you say “I alone hold the key to my happiness.  I have faith in myself and I believe I can soar.”

No comments:

Post a Comment